• رمان ققنوس آتش به قلم مونا ژانر تخیلی، مافیایی/جنایی، اجتماعی، عاشقانه کلیک کنید
  • رمان عاشقانه و جنایی کاراکال به قلم حدیثه شهبازی کلیک کنید
  • خرید رمان عاشقانه، غمگین، معمایی دلداده به دلدار فریبا میم قاف کلیک کنید

🔅Slang Time🔅

• نویسنده موضوع SHAGHAYEGH
  • تاریخ شروع
  • پاسخ‌ها 81
  • بازدیدها 2K
  • Tagged users هیچ

ساعت تک رمان

SHAGHAYEGH

کاربر تک رمان
کاربر تک رمان
تاریخ ثبت‌نام
2020-07-20
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
امتیازها
کیف پول من
IMG_20210309_204130_018.jpg

📌7 slang words you need to know in 2017

1. Savage

Done something totally cool and badass? Describe it to your friends as savage and watch as they look really confused but also pretty impressed. Remember: you didn’t choose the thug life – it chose you.

2. Low-key

When you’re secretly enjoying something, you’re low-key loving it. Kind of like keeping something on the D.L. (the down low), we all secretly hope someone is in low-key in love with us, but then we remember that person is a celebrity, so they’re probably not (sob).

3. Done

Tired of someone’s attitude? Can’t face going to work in the morning? You’re done with it. You can even capitalise it for extra effect. I’m done with this explanation. DONE.

4. Hundo P

If you totally agree with something someone says, you agree with it “100 per cent” – or, if you’re a millennial, you agree hundo p. It’s really just an abbreviation of 100 per cent, and it’s so fun to use I’ve been saying it all week. It’s hundo p my new favourite phrase.

5. Dead/dying

Not to be confused with physically not being alive anymore, dead (and its cousin dying) are 2017’s way of saying you’re so shocked/delighted/entertained it’s figuratively killed you – kind of like dying from laughter except not actually dying, because that would be both tragic and impossible.

6. Extra

Perhaps the word gaining the fastest popularity right now is extra, which describes someone who’s over-the-top or trying too hard. Knowing this might even force you to realise you yourself are extra about something, which is a distressing but ultimately necessary discovery.

7. Going

This one is more popular in the UK and started life as spoken by people who live in the popular but slightly trashy county of Essex, north-east of London. Instead of saying you’re going to (insert place), you just say you’re going there. So, “let’s go to Nando’s” becomes “let’s go Nando’s”. And if you’re not sure what Nando’s is, you need to go live in the UK right now.

انجمن رمان نویسی دانلود رمان

SHAGHAYEGH

کاربر تک رمان
کاربر تک رمان
تاریخ ثبت‌نام
2020-07-20
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
امتیازها
کیف پول من
📌55 Most Commonly Used British and American Slang Words and Their Meanings (Part 1)

1. UNREAL
✍🏾Something that is unbelievably cool or brilliant

🔺I love this party, it’s just unreal!

2. PROPS
✍🏾This means respect, recognition

🔺I know he failed the test, but you’ve got to give him props for trying.

3. KUDOS
✍🏾Another word for respect, recognition

🔺Kudos for organising this party. It’s brilliant!

4. BOTTOM LINE
✍🏾The main point

🔺The bottom line is we just don’t have enough money to make it work.

5. DISS
✍🏾When a person disrespects someone else

🔺Stop dissing her behind her back. Show some respect!

SHAGHAYEGH

کاربر تک رمان
کاربر تک رمان
تاریخ ثبت‌نام
2020-07-20
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
امتیازها
کیف پول من
IMG_20210309_204611_864.jpg
➰Do you know what I love about English? There are so many fun expressions. Especially American slang and idioms. They really make the difference between someone who learned school English and someone who speaks real everyday English.
Today, you’ll learn 7 American slang expressions so you sound more natural, when you speak English.

💢to pig out
✍🏾Pigs aren’t clean animals, and when they eat, it’s not pretty. That’s why Americans use the expression “to pig out” when someone eats a lot of food, generally in an unrefined, messy way.
If your friend says “We pigged out at the buffet” they didn’t eat a lot of pork, they just ate a lot of food.

💢to screw up something
✍🏾If your colleague tells you “We really screwed up the project”, they’re not talking about a do-it-yourself project.
It means everything went wrong, they made a lot of mistakes, and the project was a disaster. Basically, if someone tells you they’ve screwed up, it’s never a good thing.

💢to take a raincheck
✍🏾If a friend wants you to do something with them and you’re not available at that moment, you can say “Can I take a raincheck?” It means “I can’t now, but I’d like to at another time.”
The expression comes from baseball! If the weather was bad, spectators could get a ticket to come see the game later, when the weather was better.

💢to jack up the prices
✍🏾In the summer months, hotels and airlines increase their prices because everyone wants to make a booking. During winter vacation, ski resorts jack up their prices.
So, “to jack up prices” means to suddenly increase prices. This expression has a negative connotation. You’re not happy and you think the price increase is unfair.
“What?! The hotel costs only $40 a night in February! And it’s $100 in July. They really jack up their prices. Those thieves!”

💢to drive someone up the wall
✍🏾If you’ve ever been in a room with 10 hyperactive children, you might tell your friend “These kids drive me up the wall.”
It means they’re making you crazy and irritated. Imagine that you feel crazy enough to try to drive your car up the wall of a building. That’s the emotion this expression conveys.

💢to ride shotgun
✍🏾This expression comes from the American Far West, when the person sitting next to the driver of a stagecoach needed a shotgun to defend against attackers.
Today, we say the person in the passenger seat in a car is riding shotgun. So riding shotgun is less violent than you imagine. Except if it’s two teenagers fighting over who has the privilege of riding shotgun…

💢a couch potato
✍🏾This one is funny if you imagine literally a big fat potato sitting on a couch. It’s not very nice to call someone “a couch potato” because it means they just sit on a couch all day and watch TV, look at their smartphone, or play video games.
It’s certainly a good way to have the physique of a potato!
Don’t be a couch potato, but do watch today’s lesson on American slang!

SHAGHAYEGH

کاربر تک رمان
کاربر تک رمان
تاریخ ثبت‌نام
2020-07-20
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
امتیازها
کیف پول من
📌55 Most Commonly Used British and American Slang Words and Their Meanings (Part 3)

11. FULL OF BEANS
✍🏾This means to have loads of energy

🔺All the children were full of beans at the party today. I couldn’t get any of them to sit still!

12. BLATANT
✍🏾Something that is really obvious

🔺She’s blatantly very annoyed, everyone can see it apart from you.

13. PEAR SHAPED
✍🏾This means something has become a disaster

🔺I was trying to organise a surprise birthday party for her, but it’s all gone pear-shaped!

14. PIECE OF CAKE
✍🏾When someone is boasting or they think something is extremely easy to do, they would use this

🔺What did you think of the exam? I thought it was really difficult.
No, it was a piece of cake!

15. BLIMEY
✍🏾This is an exclamation of surprise

🔺Blimey, look at all this mess here! I’d only left the house for an hour, and look what you’ve done!

SHAGHAYEGH

کاربر تک رمان
کاربر تک رمان
تاریخ ثبت‌نام
2020-07-20
نوشته‌ها
لایک‌ها
امتیازها
کیف پول من
IMG_20210309_205426_669.jpgIMG_20210309_205414_566.jpgIMG_20210309_205404_352.jpg

🔰balls-up

✍🏾something that is done wrong or badly:

🔺The whole trip was a complete balls-up.

📌cool story bro
✅A phrase sarcastically used to indicate one's disgust or indifference towards a tl;dr story.

Person A: (lengthy tale about how Person A tragically broke up with his/her mate the other day)

Person B: cool story bro

بالا